GRADUATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
Graduate Certificate In Transformational Leadership
Wright Graduate University's certificate programs focus graduate learning on specific areas of the master’s curriculum. Certificate program credits also apply towards the master’s degree. Students wishing to enroll in more than two certificate programs should contact Admissions about enrolling in the master’s program.
Wright Graduate University's graduate certificate in transformational leadership helps create transformational leaders who can empower and develop themselves, their followers and their organizations. Graduates of our program have the tools and skills necessary to achieve extraordinary outcomes while generating high levels of satisfaction and commitment.
UPCOMING START DATE
- October 27, 2022*
- 12 months
- 24 credits
As they lead, our students engage in their own personal transformation. Our students become leaders who have a transformative effect not only on themselves, but also on the people around them, and ultimately, on their world.
Research shows that followers of transformational leaders accomplish more than they imagined possible and fulfill more of their potential. They suffer less burnout and have a greater sense of fulfillment.
AREAS OF STUDY
We believe that the skills and qualities of transformational leaders can be taught. In our program, all content and practices are grounded deeply in your personal and professional experience. Program mentors will support you to make positive, creative contributions that influence all the people and initiatives you touch in powerful ways.
Through our program you will learn the four tracks of Wright Transformational Leadership Training, also known as TIME:
- Teaming. Leading effective work teams, starting with being a fully engaged team member and graduating to heading an organization.
- Influencing. Coaching for success and developing the skills of effective speaking and training.
- Managing. Overseeing and leading effective areas of a company, measuring and assuring high performance.
- Empowering. The arts of delegating, empowering communication, and motivating and facilitating optimal performance.
Wright Graduate University’s four graduate certificate programs comprise courses that are scaffolded into the Master of Arts in Transformational Leadership and Coaching. In these certificate programs, competency of program outcomes below is developed to varying degrees with in-depth mastery achieved only through the cumulative completion of the Master of Arts in Transformational Leadership and Coaching degree.
Upon successful program completion, you will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate visionary transformational leadership skills.
- Demonstrate transformational emergence coaching skills.
- Conduct professional/business training.
- Demonstrate professional/business communication.
- Demonstrate a principle-based philosophical orientation to personal responsibility.
- Initiate strategic self-development for professional success.
- Manifest social-emotional intelligence.
- Exercise integrative, transdisciplinary problem-solving.
In addition to the above requirements, admission to the Graduate Certificate in Transformational Leadership requires prior completion of PL01 and PL04. Individuals who are currently enrolled in one of these non-credit courses offered through Wright Living may apply and be conditionally admitted pending completion of both. Consult an admissions staff member for recommendations on timing for completion of these non-credit requirements.
*For individuals who have completed the prerequisite non-credit trainings PL01 and PL04.
Wright Graduate University delivers learning through a hybrid of synchronous and asynchronous elements. Synchronous participation is required for weekend learning sessions conducted once per month at the residential campus in Elkhorn, Wisconsin, with option of in-person participation or distant participation via online meeting or telephone. Students participate asynchronously in online discussions between weekend learning sessions.
- Introduction to the Six Core Disciplines of Wright Integrative Learning in Transformational Coaching & Leadership
- Coaching & Leadership Approaches to Developing Personal Power
- Transformational Leadership & Group Dynamics
- Year of More: Nourishment & Self Care Quarter
- Year of More: Robust Relationsips Quarter
- Year of More: Personal Power Quarter
- Year of More: Purposeful Living & Leadership Quarter
- Group Process Training
Gainful Employment Information
- Number of units/credits required for this program: 24
- Total Tuition and Required Fees for the entire program completed in normal time: $23,344
- 6-digit CIP Code for Program (from Dept. of Education): 52.1006 (Executive/Career Coaching)
- SOC Code(s): 11-3121.00, 11-3131.00, 13-1071.00, 13-1151.00, 21-1012.00
- The normal time in months to complete program as published in Graduate Catalog: 12
Click here to read retention, placement, calculation methodology, and other gainful employment information for this program.
PERFORMATIVE LEARNING (PL) TRAININGS
All Performative Learning Trainings are non-credit bearing.
Please note that PL01 through PL04 includes:
- A weekend training at the beginning of the quarter.
- A weekly evening 1.5-hour class for 13 weeks.
- A 45-minute coaching session biweekly.
- Weekly online written check-ins demonstrating what you learned and how you grew.
Meet Our Students And Grads
See how Wright Graduate University helped them transform their lives.
“I now feel more established and credible as a coach and I bring more to the table because I’m living what I’m learning in my own life as well.”
Human Emergence Coach
Request More Information:
Accreditation: Wright Graduate University is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission, an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education (CHEA). Wright Graduate University business programs have received specialized accreditation through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE). See complete accreditation and recognition details here.