GRADUATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
Graduate Certificate In Transformational Coaching
Wright Graduate University's certificate programs focus graduate learning on specific areas of the master’s curriculum. Certificate program credits also apply towards the master’s degree. Students wishing to enroll in more than two certificate programs should contact Admissions about enrolling in the master’s program.
Wright Graduate University's graduate certificate in transformational coaching offers three courses, an orientation, and performative learning to provide you with the academic and performative background that is core to developing yourself as a successful coach.
Coaching is not only a satisfying profession. It is a key skill for transformational leadership. This program introduces the revolutionary Wright Model of Transformational Coaching, which is dedicated to helping people to achieve their full potential and reach possibilities beyond what they thought were possible.
NEXT START DATE
- April 27, 2023
- 15 months
- 32 credits
AREAS OF STUDY
In this program, you will:
- Study and put into practice the foundations and components of emotional intelligence.
- Understand the purpose of emotions and their role in effective decision-making and communication.
- Develop skills in responsible self-expression and social awareness.
- Increase your emotional intelligence.
- Better understand yourself and others to become an even more potent coach.
This program culminates with your development of real-life coaching relationships as you study the skills of coaching. The curriculum focuses on such important coaching skills as:
- Developing rapport
- Creating a winning context for coaching
- Intentional speaking
- Contextual listening
- Asking powerful questions
- Defining action steps
- Creating accountability
- Using grounded leadership
Through your work toward this certificate, you will build skill in holding vision for people and facilitating their emotional expression and personal discovery. In addition, you will practice coaching skills and receive supervision while engaging in developmental coaching.
Wright Graduate University’s four graduate certificate programs comprise courses that are scaffolded into the Master of Arts in Transformational Leadership and Coaching. In these certificate programs, competency of program outcomes below is developed to varying degrees with in-depth mastery achieved only through the cumulative completion of the Master of Arts in Transformational Leadership and Coaching degree.
Upon successful program completion, you will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate visionary transformational leadership skills.
- Demonstrate transformational emergence coaching skills.
- Conduct professional/business training.
- Demonstrate professional/business communication.
- Demonstrate a principle-based philosophical orientation to personal responsibility.
- Initiate strategic self-development for professional success.
- Manifest social-emotional intelligence.
- Exercise integrative, transdisciplinary problem-solving.
Wright Graduate University delivers learning through a hybrid of synchronous and asynchronous elements. Synchronous participation is required for weekend learning sessions conducted once per month at the residential campus in Elkhorn, Wisconsin, with option of in-person participation or distant participation via online meeting or telephone. Students participate asynchronously in online discussions between weekend learning sessions.
- Introduction to the Six Core Disciplines of Wright Integrative Learning in Transformational Coaching & Leadership
- Foundations of Human Development & Emotional Intelligence for Coaching & Leadership
- Foundations of Human Relationships for Coaching & Leadership
- Professional & Leadership Coaching
- Year of More: Nourishment & Self Care Quarter
- Year of More: Robust Relationships Quarter
- Year of More: Personal Power Quarter
- Year of More: Purposeful Living & Leadership Quarter
- Personal Emergence Process
- Coaching Lab
Gainful Employment Information
- Number of units/credits required for this program: 32
- Total Tuition and Required Fees for the entire program completed in normal time: $28,872
- 6-digit CIP Code for Program (from Dept. of Education): 52.1006 (Executive/Career Coaching)
- SOC Code(s): 11-3121.00, 11-3131.00, 13-1071.00, 13-1151.00, 21-1012.00
- The normal time in months to complete program as published in Graduate Catalog: 15
Click here to read retention, placement, calculation methodology, and other gainful employment information for this program
PERFORMATIVE LEARNING (PL) TRAININGS
All Performative Learning Trainings are non-credit bearing.
Please note that PL01 through PL04 includes:
- A weekend training at the beginning of the quarter.
- A weekly evening 1.5-hour class for 13 weeks.
- A 45-minute coaching session biweekly.
- Weekly online written check-ins demonstrating what you learned and how you grew.
Meet Our Students And Grads
See how Wright Graduate University helped them transform their lives.
“I now feel more established and credible as a coach and I bring more to the table because I’m living what I’m learning in my own life as well.”
Human Emergence Coach
Request More Information:
Accreditation: Wright Graduate University is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission, an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education (CHEA). Wright Graduate University business programs have received specialized accreditation through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE). See complete accreditation and recognition details here.